The 2021 conference, to be held October 29-30, will be on “Civic Education in Circumstances of Extreme Polarization." We plan a hybrid conference, with some in attendance at Harvard University and others participating remotely through Zoom webinar. More details about registration will follow.
Editors Eric Beerbohm and Elizabeth Beaumont have assembled the following excellent slate of speakers:
Amy Gutmann (University of Pennsylvania), Dennis Thompson (Harvard University), and Sigal Ben-Porath (University of Pennsylvania)
- Principal paper: Seana Shiffrin (UCLA)
- Commentator: Robert Tsai (Law, Boston University)
- Commentator: Brandon Terry (Political Science, Harvard University)
- Principal paper: Yuli Tamir (Shenkar College)
- Commentator: Kristine Bowman (Law, Michigan State University)
- Commentator: Rima Basu (Philosophy, Claremont-McKenna)
- Principal paper: Justin Driver (Yale University)
- Commentator: Lisa Garcia Bedolla (Political Science, University of California-Berkeley)
- Commentator: Jennifer Morton (Philosophy, University of North Carolina)
Nancy Rosenblum also will present a paper.
ASPLP members and registrants will have access to copies of the papers ahead of the conference.